Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Amendment Test

My score on this was 20 out of 30 (oops!). However, I found the test to be very thought provoking. For example, I cant believe press can be put in jail for not revealing a confidential source. Although I understand the importance of the government needing access to that kind of information in order to protect the people in the case of crimes, it is scary to think that the government has the power to force someone to give the name of an anonymous source. This practice could not only lead to arbitrary fingerprinting but it also discourages people to come forward with information if they feel hesitant about revealing their identity. I would rather people feel free to give information and remain anonymous than to withhold information because they fear the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment